What is Coaching?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
Encourage client self-discovery
Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
Hold the client responsible and accountable
As your coach, there are a number of ways I can support your development. For all of my clients, I offer 6 month and 1 year engagements. Sessions are 1 hour in length and we meet 2 times a month.
Additionally, I will provide you with resources that I feel will enhance your growth as a leader. For all of my clients, should there be a challenge or a situation they would like to talk through, they can call me at any time for a coaching check-in.
Because every coach brings something different, my clients are generally:
- New leaders who are wanting to build a solid foundation
- Professionals who seek to become leaders in the future
- Leaders needing to improve their skills in accountability, communication, and emotional intelligence
- Teams who are needing alignment around expectations
- High-Potentials who desire improvement for senior and executive level positions
- Organizations seeking to establish alignment between their leadership teams
- Executives seeking to create an environment focused on values and effectiveness
Even if you and I are not the right match for a coaching engagement, I have a large network of coaches that I would be happy to connect you with.
I encourage you to reach out so we can discuss any additional questions you may have.
If you would like to review the coaching agreement I provide to all of my clients, please do so here.
Jason R. Weber, Ed.D., ACC
Executive and Professional Coach @ SLI Coaching and Consulting, LLC